Project Frenzy

Hello, welcome to Project Frenzy Forums.. As a guest you are able to view our Support thread. However, as a member you receive all that we have to offer including..

1.Early Release downloads + Beta Testing
2.Daily up-to-date information, and latest news
3.Suggest mods, and give us feedback.
4.Talk with the community, and even apply for a position!

What are you waiting for? It's FREE!! -->Click Here To Sign Up!<--

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Project Frenzy

Hello, welcome to Project Frenzy Forums.. As a guest you are able to view our Support thread. However, as a member you receive all that we have to offer including..

1.Early Release downloads + Beta Testing
2.Daily up-to-date information, and latest news
3.Suggest mods, and give us feedback.
4.Talk with the community, and even apply for a position!

What are you waiting for? It's FREE!! -->Click Here To Sign Up!<--

Project Frenzy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to the Frenzy gaming community, supporting modifications to Skyrim.

+5
Eldwist Stormhorn
Feodoa
oogabooga66
Hockeyt0wn13
Sayn
9 posters

Dumb question but...

Sayn

Dumb question but... Empty Dumb question but...

Post by Sayn 3/1/2012, 5:16 pm

Does everything go straight to the folder that has the Skyrim launcher? Or do I put everything in the folder named Skyrim?
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Admin
    Admin

Dumb question but... Empty Re: Dumb question but...

Post by Hockeyt0wn13 3/1/2012, 8:04 pm

Everything should be placed in your MAIN Skyrim Directory.. meaning.. where your launcher is located.

Please note that this only applies if you are Dragging and dropping files straight out of extraction.. because they are labeled correctly.
    Sayn

Post by Sayn 3/1/2012, 8:11 pm

Ok I'll delete the main file from NMM and try manually.

Edit: New problem. I dragged the data folder directly into my main directory, merging it with the other data folder, and I enabled the esp, but Skyrim crashes after the Bethesda screen. I made sure all of my mods in NMM were deactivated, and I deleted the main file from NMM before merging the data files, and the esp is enabled. It's the only mod I have installed atm. And I made sure to tick load loose files.

Hockeyt0wn13
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hockeyt0wn13 3/1/2012, 9:06 pm

Funky things happen even when you disable NMM files.. if they are textures or meshes.. they will still be there even if you disable them.

Also, please note that if you use anything from Realistic Lighting.. it will likely cause problems considering it uses Java..

Sayn

Post by Sayn 3/1/2012, 9:13 pm

I didn't use Realistic Lighting, although I used Cinematic Lighting. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling Skyrim and see if that fixes things.

Edit: Reinstalled and still crashing. I even ran CCleaner after uninstalling to make sure there were no leftover files =/

Edit 2: What version of Skyrim does this mod work with? I have the base game with no updates, I wanted to hold off on installing updates until they fix the update crash problem.

Edit 3: I downloaded some update torrent and replaced a bunch of files with the update, and it seems to have fixed my problem. I got all the way to the end of the tutorial cave and then I stopped so I can type this. At first I didn't think the mod activated because I was able to kill the Stormcloaks without much problem, but the spiders seemed a lot harder, I actually died against them on my first attempt. And I also noticed that I could now play as Dremora. I'll be checking to make sure that everything works, and then I'll update this topic, but so far, it looks like everything works cheers
    oogabooga66
    oogabooga66

Post by oogabooga66 3/2/2012, 12:34 am

@Sayn
    It should be fine. Most mods look for the update.esm from bethesda, so that was probably your crashing. Sure new versions may have issues for some computers, but if you don't update, playing mods will make it crash alot.

@Hockey
    I use realistic lighting. I think the issue with realistic lighting was that some people had ancient versions of java. So when they ran the patcher, who knows what it tried to do...

My Skyrim is completely stable... well with the exception of compatability testing (during those sessions I crash pretty frequently, but that's an entirely different issue.
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hockeyt0wn13 3/2/2012, 9:35 am

Ahh you didn't update your skyrim.. well that's your problem right there.

Also, I didn't know that Ooga, so I'll start telling people it's okay to use RL now.
    oogabooga66
    oogabooga66

Post by oogabooga66 3/2/2012, 1:09 pm

Well, they might still have old java, so we gotta make sure to mention to update it too. Otherwise, as far as most can tell, it will still seem broke.

But yeah, realistic lighting is pretty good, no noticeable fps loss, but looks way better. I never could stand enb's weird blurry color splash. Makes some cool screenshots, but for everyday play it's not for me.
    Sayn

Post by Sayn 3/2/2012, 5:41 pm

Tested this mod further and just confirmed that the blood splatter (the only thing I wasn't sure that worked) does work for me. I found that out the hard way when I came across someone wielding a battleaxe xD

In short, the mod works 100% successfully cheers
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hockeyt0wn13 3/2/2012, 8:07 pm

Good to hear Sayn, I make sure and work out most if not all the bugs before release.. which is why you might have to wait a bit longer for releases.. however we make sure they are stable.. and won't crash the game.. and if we find any bugs after release, we always make sure and provide a Hotfix A.s.a.p
    Feodoa

Post by Feodoa 3/5/2012, 2:08 am

@Hockey..Not sure about now, but when I first tried using Realistic Lighting, there was supposed to be a patcher.esp with it, never was there..might have been a cause for the crashes too. Currently I'm using SuperL3 ENB whuch has Realistic Lighting included. Interestingly, it has both the RL esp's, but no java included like in the straight RL download..and I've been having no probs whatsoever. For anyone thinking about using an ENB, SuperL3 seems to be a pretty good choice so far. Looks really nice, the DOF really adds something to the immersion..but the sort of haziness you go through as it constantly adjusts it's focus might get old after awhile. And, definitely need to use the two fog mods the author recommends..especially the indoors. The indoor lighting really benefits from it, and it also helped keep from taking to much of a performance hit. I'm using the DOF no SSAO version.
    oogabooga66
    oogabooga66

Post by oogabooga66 3/5/2012, 3:01 am

Patcher esp was created when you ran the java program that came with it.
    Eldwist Stormhorn

Post by Eldwist Stormhorn 3/22/2012, 12:17 am

dumb question- how well does project frenzy work with the step project? is it just gonna bite me in the ass for tryin to do both?
    TFQ
    TFQ
    Staff
    Staff

Post by TFQ 3/22/2012, 5:44 am

Step is basically a guide to trying to combine mods altering textures / models to get the most attractive Skyrim (to the author mind, anyway) - except for the bit marked gameplay changes.. As I posted somewhere before, I don't think there will be any major conflicts in terms of gameplay, but depending on your load order, certain Frenzy files may override those in the Step guide, and vice-versa. The worst you might experience is probably a slight disjuncture in the quality of textures somewhere, but it shouldn't (he says, hopefully) cause any major issues in terms of gameplay.
    badaccount

Post by badaccount 3/22/2012, 8:43 pm

In the performance pack, all I see is Juiced.dll ; I added that to the Skyrim Directory, but no noticible difference?
    badaccount

Post by badaccount 3/26/2012, 8:59 am

Are these forums dead now? No admin, etc?
    Medusalem
    Medusalem

Post by Medusalem 3/26/2012, 12:51 pm

We are here? Why?

The only thing is that our teamleader is on holidays, i think just a few days left, then we will update the Mod and make the uncaper working fine with our mod, trying to fix the trubles with the nexus and update our mod.

We are all just normal human beeings Wink Everyone is working or is working for school and so on, so please be patien, i mean we are more up to date then Tytanis Very Happy
    badaccount

Post by badaccount 3/26/2012, 1:00 pm

I'm patient. Just the same question I keep seeing. The "Performance Pack" has juicy.dll in it, and I've put that in the Skyrim directory, but cannot notice any change, or status message saying it has taken effect. Smile
    Medusalem
    Medusalem

Post by Medusalem 3/26/2012, 1:06 pm

I hope someone else will be able to answer this question, I#m sorry i am not able to anser it, just do in/ex terrior creation stuff and take a look on the Forum, but Hockeytown will be back in the next days, i think when he will be back you question will get an answer, maybe before Wink
    Sorry y the way Very Happy
    icymetal005
    icymetal005

Post by icymetal005 3/26/2012, 5:50 pm

you put it in the right place what you should do is if you don't have a program called fraps i think that's what it's called what it does it puts your FPS on one of the right or left corner of your screen in the game and try it without juiced.dll and go to where you get alot of FPS loss and remember how much of FPS you have and then try it with the juiced.dll file and see what you get any FPS with it. and if it doesn't give you any at all it could be a number of things like could be your computer or the juiced.dll is out of date with the skyrim version but really who knows. but yeah it's the only way to find out if it's working or not cause it's not gonna give you any status message saying it has taken effect far as i know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 4:32 am