Project Frenzy

Hello, welcome to Project Frenzy Forums.. As a guest you are able to view our Support thread. However, as a member you receive all that we have to offer including..

1.Early Release downloads + Beta Testing
2.Daily up-to-date information, and latest news
3.Suggest mods, and give us feedback.
4.Talk with the community, and even apply for a position!

What are you waiting for? It's FREE!! -->Click Here To Sign Up!<--

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Project Frenzy

Hello, welcome to Project Frenzy Forums.. As a guest you are able to view our Support thread. However, as a member you receive all that we have to offer including..

1.Early Release downloads + Beta Testing
2.Daily up-to-date information, and latest news
3.Suggest mods, and give us feedback.
4.Talk with the community, and even apply for a position!

What are you waiting for? It's FREE!! -->Click Here To Sign Up!<--

Project Frenzy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to the Frenzy gaming community, supporting modifications to Skyrim.

+8
atheran
hyperionEXILEd
genaside
Fyuumi
Feodoa
RichieTheGamer
Hockeyt0wn13
oogabooga66
12 posters

Compatible Mod Testing Thread

oogabooga66
    oogabooga66

Compatible Mod Testing Thread Empty Compatible Mod Testing Thread

Post by oogabooga66 2/24/2012, 1:54 pm

As someone who can never leave well enough alone, I have decided to start testing mods to compliment this already great package.

Feel free to add replies of any mods you think may be good to add.

Day 1

Riverwood Redux: This mod adds more houses in a beautifully landscaped manner to the other side of the river. They blend in so well with the existing town, and give Riverwood its own character as a town. There also is a small non cheating house that can be acquired through a quest which begins with a note attached to the door of the house.

Fixed Eye Adaptation: Get up out of your chair, go outside and look at the sky(not the sun). Now look at the ground. Do you go half blind for 5 seconds? No? Then this mod is for you. It removes the majority of the eye adaptation effect because surprise, surprise, your eyes do it themselves when looking at a bright screen followed by a dark screen. No additional technology needed.

Lawrens RNG Guards: Tired of faceless Stormcloak clones? This mod randomizes the gear loadout of various city guards to add variety to their appearance. Lore friendly helmets and armor choices with city appropriate shields are randomly selected at spawn for each guard. (Special note, may take up to one month to effectively randomize guards if used on existing save game)

Realistic Ragdolls and Force: Some people enjoy being super heroes, and having their killing blow to a mammoth send it flying end over end. As I typically play a thief, I prefer my arrow to not send my target flying into the next room where his buddies are. I personally would prefer my enemies crumple at my feet, or fall backwards in a realistic manner. This mod fixes that.

Occupy Skyrim: It always bugged me in Skyrim that I was always able to overcome any enemy encounters. Odd huh? But I actually like to suddenly realize I am outmatched sometimes, and need to run/hide/dive off a cliff and hope I land in a deep spot in that small river below me etc. With this mod, it takes the scripted encounters such as thalmor patrols, assasins, and all the existing civil war battles and adds varying amounts of npcs to them. It also makes a great alternative to Warzones if you have a slower PC, although if your PC is good, it makes a nice compliment to it.

Populus: My new favorite city filler mod, this mod adds 54 unique named NPCs to various towns. Some go about typical day to day life, interacting with their surroundings. In the evening you can find quite a few of them filling the taverns. Some travel and a few are full fledged, non arrow in the knee adventurer types who will fight enemies they come across in their travels, and can occasionally come to your rescue (or be found needing yours).

UNP Female Armors: This mod is an especially rare one. It delves into uncharted territory in modding. It makes armor that fits a female body replacer(UNP, the one that comes with Project Frenzy) that doesn't turn the women into hookers. The meshes fit the body, so no more shapeshifting women based on what they wear. The modder sticks with the existing style of armor, just improves the detail of it and shapes it correctly. Definitly worth the look if you dont consider panties to be an appropiate armor type.

New Bard Songs: This mod replaces the somewhat bored sounding bards voices with much more talented singers. Google "Youtube Malukuh" (I can't post links yet...) to hear an example of one of the new artists in this mod.

Dragonbone Weapons: Ok, I'm the DragonBorn, I killed dragons, I made armor... now what am I supposed to do with the 50 other dragon bones I've collected? This mod allows you to craft weapons out of the bones too. The stats are pretty much even with how one would expect them to be compared to the rest of the weapons. Very nice texturework too.

High Res Legible Road Signs: Most textures look fine at regular resolution, and the low size helps with fps since they are so common and you wont get super close to them anyway. For road signs this does not apply since they are very far apart from eachother, so only one is rendered at a time. And since they have to be read, one has to get close and this is where low res textures fail. Nice realistic wood texture to them too.

Well, this concludes this batch of compatible mods. Not because I am out of mods, but simply because I am tired of typing. Feel free to leave comments or requests down below.

Day 2

Hello again everyone, I'm back to suggest a few more mods that I like that blend nicely with our existing content.

Skyrim Starter Homes: Decided you could care less about reporting to Whiterun at the beginning of the game? Maybe you'll be the Dragonborn tomorrow? It always bugged me that in order to get a house you had to follow questlines. Maybe I just want to explore dungeons and wander around skyrim. But since I can't carry everything, I need a place to call my own. This mod adds a small exterior house in a secluded point near dragon bridge. No frills, no 50 cabinets with statues everywhere. Its a house... it has walls, roof, door and some basic furniture. For the minimalist who isnt interested in city living. The mod author is currently making more in unused locations around skyrim.

Portable Campsite: Ever find a great looking location and want to live there? Now you can. Portable Campsite adds a hunter in Riverwood that sells camping gear. Cheap? Broke? You can also craft the gear. So far it contains bedrolls, tents, campfire, cooking spits, traps and more. No storage yet though

Lore Friendly Armor Pack: This mod adds 7 different sets of craftable armor to the game. It also puts them on certain types of enemies, for example it adds them to some of the stronger bandits. All of the armor types fit with the original Skyrim style nicely with balanced stats.

Ask Follower Skills: You only get one follower, so you gotta pick the right one. But how do you really know if they are any good or not? With this mod, you just ask them. It adds a line to their dialog, select it and it will pop up a menu showing their level and skills. It turns out many followers have the wrong gear initially for their skills making this mod even more valuable.

Adventurers and Travellers: Another mod to add more life to Skyrim this mod adds....yup, adventurers and travellers. Adventurers travel in small groups with fighters archers and mages. They do not enter dungeons, but can be found attempting and sometimes succeeding at clearing bandit camps and forts held by evil elements. They respawn at cell reset if they die in the attempt. Travellers are less impressive, but none the less important to immersion. They are just regular npcs moving from town to town. They are not fighters, (although they will try) and are usually outmatched by bandits and predators unless there are a few of them together. Travellers also respawn which given their self defense skills is a must.

OK, thats it for today, I'll update when I have tested out some more. I will also eventually post a list of the mods that have failed to be properly compatible. Mods that are already on the stickied Compatible Mods thread will not be tested, so be sure to check those out too.

Day 3 (BTW, this is not a 100% daily thing, it's just working out so far)

Was a little busy today, only got a few for you today.

Four Homes: Another one of the house mods for those with less extravagent tastes. It adds 4 homes (didnt see that coming huh?) to Skyrim. They are well blended in with their surroundings. 3 of them are little more than a bedroll and a few bags, and the last one is about even with a farmers house. It's the style of each of these houses that make them worthwile. One is in the trunk of a dead tree by Falkreath graveyard. One is a windmill near a ruined house. One is a odd house with a fishing boat for a roof(looks nicer than it sounds) and the last one is a rogues hideaway with a pile of loot (only about 1000 gold, and it looks way cooler to leave it there). INCOMPATIBLE WITH RIVERWOOD REDUX, fixable by disabling 3 trees that are overlapping (you'll see which ones.)

Striping Fix: Now don't get all excited, I said striping, not stripping. This mod fixes the lighting of many interiors (Breezehome being the best example) of the annoying criss cross stripe shadows. Once you have used it, you can never tolerate the ugly shadow mess again.

More Travelers: After a few versions with glaring bugs this mod is now a great addition to the immersion in Skyrim. It adds various people walking around Skyrim. The best feature of this one is that it adds horseback travelers too, something the game was badly lacking. If a horse is killed, the traveler will walk to the stables and get another (If he survived of course) and if the rider gets killed, the horse will wander back to the stables to be ready for a new traveler. Plus its great watching these extra npcs fighting in the increased spawns from other mods.

Thats it for today, hopefully be back tomorrow.

Day 4---->?

I am in the process of moving at the moment, so while I will still be answering compatibility questions, I will be taking a break from reviewing mods. If anyone is interested in being a guest reviewer, please let me know.

Last edited by oogabooga66 on 2/28/2012, 7:54 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Admin
    Admin

Compatible Mod Testing Thread Empty Re: Compatible Mod Testing Thread

Post by Hockeyt0wn13 2/24/2012, 3:11 pm

If I didn't have to go to work I'd reply with a much longer post (which I'm going to when I get home tonight).. however, let me just say that some of these look awesome..

Also, as a final note.. we already have hi-res-road signs =]
    oogabooga66
    oogabooga66

Post by oogabooga66 2/24/2012, 3:37 pm

Before
    Compatible Mod Testing Thread Screen10
    After
    Compatible Mod Testing Thread Screen11

It comes down to a matter of preference. By my eyes the top signs are pretty much equal in their own way, but I prefer the signpost and the bottom signs of the replacer. So far, this, a bookshelf texture and the green groundcover textures(It reminds me of Warcraft) are the only ones out of your 1000's of textures I have found any reason to mess with. Which by my math is still giving you a 99.97% Awesomeness rating. If you would prefer I only add completely non replacing mods, let me know and I will leave replacer stuff out.

Still comes out way better than any other world texture replacer pack out there.

Hockeyt0wn13
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hockeyt0wn13 2/25/2012, 3:41 pm

Ahh I See what you mean, and I don't mind if you want to post replacers.. We always want to get better, so anything that tops us should be the "bar" .. and we want to match that or be better. If you feel there is something that needs to be improved, than please by all means let us know =]
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hockeyt0wn13 2/26/2012, 6:23 pm

Thought I would add that I'm going to start adding these to the sticky.. That way it will be on that list as well..Not to mention I think it will be a bit easier for navigation.
    oogabooga66
    oogabooga66

Post by oogabooga66 2/26/2012, 6:27 pm

Definitely, I was gonna ask about that. That way there is a simple list for convenience and this list for kinda mod reviews.
    RichieTheGamer

Post by RichieTheGamer 2/26/2012, 9:09 pm

Are any of these mods useless with yours or incompatible?

Glowing Ore Veins
    TESV Acceleration Layer (SKSE needed)
    Colorful Torches
    Dovahkiin Retreat (made by the same author as Dovahkiin Hideout)
    Categorized Favorites Menu
    Better Sorting

I know SkyUI and JaySuS Swords are compatible but is the NEW version of it
    "JaySuS Swords Distribution and Balance Plugin V01" (Balanced version of V13C)
    Is it compatible
    ApachiiSkyHair

I also have SKSE http://skse.silverlock.org/
    Is this useful/useless with your mod? Is it part of it?

Thanks for your response.
    oogabooga66
    oogabooga66

Post by oogabooga66 2/26/2012, 9:44 pm

Glowing ore veins will work. (It might look out of place, but thats the point)

Tesv acceleration layer is for a previous version of skyrim, and should be removed whether you use our mod or not.

Categorized favorites menu should be fine, although it has been shown to cause instablity with Warzones from our compatible list. If you have difficulties with it, remove auto_favorites.dll from the data/skse/plugins folder.

Better sorting is incompatible as it edits items this mod edits.

Colorful torches is compatible, but will may conflict with rng guards from the compatible mods list.

Dovahkin retreat is compatible.

SKSE is required for some of the mods you have listed. It's always safer just to have it installed. If its not needed it doesn't do anything.

The jaysus balance plugin is compatible (little imbalanced)

Apache sky hair SHOULD be (I am stuck in the file not found goodness right now with it) at worst it will clip thru stuff, but should be compatible.
    RichieTheGamer

Post by RichieTheGamer 2/26/2012, 9:52 pm

That was a fast response. Do you have any good "hair mods?" that are compatible? I'm not looking for an HD mod or anything just something different. Because imo the normal hair you get to choose from is boring as all crap.
    Hense the Apachi hair mod.
    oogabooga66
    oogabooga66

Post by oogabooga66 2/26/2012, 9:56 pm

I never really cared about the hair, so I can't give a good recommendation. I play 1st person, and npc hair is the npc's problem Wink

Just start a thread in the general discussion section asking about suggestions for hair mods. I'm sure someone can give you better advice on that one.

I will eventually test them like the others for compatibility, but they will be lower on my list.
    RichieTheGamer

Post by RichieTheGamer 2/26/2012, 10:21 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. Keep up the good work Ooga =D
    Feodoa

Post by Feodoa 2/27/2012, 2:49 am

Apache Hair..compatible (I can show you how to make it work with Skyrim NPC Editor if don't want to use CK). Jordis and Ysolda looking quite lovely with their new hair. Apache is really great hair and much more realistic than Coolsims. If you want to stay authentic to Skyrim look..just use the PF hair textures, or
    AOF Believable Hair...Compatible ( I use them both)

Colorful Lights-No Shadows..compatible and very useful!
    SkyBoost R5 Alpha..compatible..haven't tried the Beta version yet as I'm hearing problems with it. Current version gives me roughly 5-10 more fps depending on where I'm at.

Last edited by Feodoa on 2/29/2012, 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Fyuumi

Compatible Mod Testing Thread Empty Imp's More Complex Needs

Post by Fyuumi 2/27/2012, 3:17 pm

The hunger/thirst system in this mod is rather basic, and I want to know if this is compatible with Imp's More Complex Needs so I can use that until the system in Project Frenzy is improved.
    genaside
    Staff
    Staff

Post by genaside 2/27/2012, 3:37 pm

@Fyuumi We are checking it out, we will let everyone know asap.
    hyperionEXILEd

Post by hyperionEXILEd 2/27/2012, 8:16 pm

Is Project Frenzy compatible with Headbomb's mods:

Weapon and Armor Fixes
    Complete Crafting Overhaul (there is another one similarly named so I'm clarifying)
    Smithing Perks Overhaul

Thank You!

Also I'm guessing because of Better Sorting being incompatible that Valdacil's Item Sorting is also unnecessary or incompatible?
    oogabooga66
    oogabooga66

Post by oogabooga66 2/27/2012, 9:57 pm

2 out of three of the mods you asked for are on the list you originally posted under Wink I'll give you the closely named one, but weapon and armor fixes...... No worries though, just check better next time. Wink

Weapon and armor fixes is redundant, we have those fixes in the mod.

Complete crafting overhaul is incompatible.

Smithing perks overhaul is compatible.

Valdacil's item sorting mod is incompatible. (It's any mod which edits the names of items can cause conflicts with overhauls)

hyperionEXILEd

Post by hyperionEXILEd 2/28/2012, 4:35 pm

Have you had a chance to check out:

Detailed Cities - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8793
    and lighting mods like
    Real Lights - Cities - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9066
    Vibrance - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11421
    oogabooga66
    oogabooga66

Post by oogabooga66 2/28/2012, 7:49 pm

All of those will not cause a crash, but for detailed cities and vibrance,you will have overlapping items, like a tree growing thru a light. A bush with a torch inside etc.

If you want to install them, and then when you find an overlap, open the console, click the one you like the least then type "disable" (no quote marks) and hit enter. Be sure to save after making a change, otherwise they will reset at next loading.

Real lights-cities is compatible. All it does it put light sources in the right places.

So finally:
    Detailed Cities: No (Yes with a lot of work)
    Real Lights - Cities: Yes
    Vibrance: No (yes with some work)
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hockeyt0wn13 2/29/2012, 1:00 am

We are working on a much more advanced version of hunger and thirst.. however for now we wanted to see the reaction of everyone..

I actually have not heard much from anyone about it.. Seems not to many people care either way.

Weapon and armor fix: That's already been mentioned in the support thread.. and the answer is no simply because we already provide all the fixes.

Complete crafting: No, our mod edits crafting as well.
    Smithing Perks: Right now yes, however in the future our mod will edit those as well.
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hockeyt0wn13 3/2/2012, 3:01 pm

Moved this thread to the support thread.. got tired of bouncing back and forth haha.
    oogabooga66
    oogabooga66

Post by oogabooga66 3/2/2012, 5:16 pm

Yeah, when it started it was only a review thread, but I guess it has turned into a full support type topic.
    Feodoa

Post by Feodoa 3/4/2012, 2:02 pm

SuperL3 ENB..Yes
    Remove Ambient Interior Fog..Yes
    Revamped Exterior Fog..Yes

Use the three together for the best effect. I will probably shut the ENB down when Hockey updates the Project Frenzy Main so I can check out the new lighting scheme.

Deus Mons..no issues so far ( and a fabulous creation by Eldiabs )
    Dragons Reach Hideout..no issues so far ( another nice Eldiabs home )
    Ranger Ridge..yes ( Eldiabs again )
    Modular Nightingale Classes..yes
    Pretty Female Idle..yes

Along with Shawks Dovahkin Hideout and Retreat, Eldiabs homes are the only ones I haven't had issues with. Darkwater Keep and Dragon Falls Manor both gave me issues ( to include ctd's when entering buildings in other cities) Dovahkin Temple didn't give me any issues..but that place is just to damn big imo for a home. I've got Dragonborn Player House from Proboonskies up next to check out. It looked really interesting when he first posted it up, and seems very similiar to what Shawk is planning to do with his big castle project.

Last edited by Feodoa on 3/4/2012, 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additiions)
    hyperionEXILEd

Post by hyperionEXILEd 3/7/2012, 1:26 am

How about All in 1 Spell Fixes by Honeylemon?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7823
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Hockeyt0wn13
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hockeyt0wn13 3/8/2012, 4:04 pm

Yes Hyper, That should be alright for right now.
    Feodoa

Post by Feodoa 3/10/2012, 12:16 pm

CLO - Custom Lighting Overlay
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11479

Works really well. Gives ENB/FXAA type lighting enhancements without any performance hit. Compliments Project Frenzy 3.4 main files lighting enhancements nicely

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content